Develop a name for a dog food product. Design a logo for this product, using full colour. The logo must contain a main visual and typography. (Use the “People Saving Pets” logo as a guide – this does not mean your design should be the same, it is simply an example.) Follow each of the fundamental steps outlined above, in that sequence and take note of what needs to be handed in as you progress through these steps:
- Exploration – Use sketching techniques to draw thumbnails and hand in your thumbnails as scanned PDFs.
- Focus – Highlight three of the thumbnail ideas that you consider the best options and state why. Hand in an A4 with visuals of the three chosen thumbnails; include reasons for choosing each of these three options.
- Construction – Use sketching techniques and redraw ONE of your chosen concepts until you’ve reached a conclusion on a successful logo. Hand in your drawings as scanned PDFs.
- Testing – Experiment more with your favourite options from Step 3 and ask the opinion of a few people. Hand in examples of the logos shown to people and write their feedback or opinion on each.
- Reﬁnement – Choose your final design and execute it in Adobe Illustrator, along with the name of the product. Hand in your final logo as an A4 PDF.
The 3 best options:
I asked some friends about these 3 different versions what they thought. And they all thought that nr 2 would be a great logo. They all like this type of dog so I guess that the main reason why they choose nr 2.
They thought nr 1 was too “cute” and that nr 3 did`nt stand out as nr 2.
I was not sure which one to use for the logo so I made some illustrations in Illustrator to get a clearer view of what I wanted. So here are some digital sketches:
After talking to our teacher about the design options and my friends statment I choose to work on nr 2.