In this assignment we will use the 10 questions we posed in the previous LA and answer them. And based on the answers create a wireframe for the website. we can choose if we want it to be a lo-tech or hi-tech architecture.
CLIENT: Sushi restaurant
A family has decided to open a new sushi restaurant downtown. And want to get help setting up a website.
- Can you describe you company in a few sentence?
- What is your company`s main goal?
- What kind of visitors are you expecting on your webpage?
- Who are your competitors and how do you differ from them?
- Do you have a webpage now? What is or is not working for you?
- What features should be used on your website?
- Please list the names of three sites that you like and explain what you like about them.
- Do you have any colour preferences? What should the look and feel for the website be?
- Can you make a list with the main goals you have for the new webpage?
- Who will be responsible for maintaining the website? Will the person have the time and skills to do so?
- This is a family run restaurant in the start-up phase. We have a small, trendy and modern restaurant focusing on high quality style and food. Making good food is what we love most, displaying our Japanese cuisine and our flavors.
- Our main goal is to become the best restaurant in town.
- We expect the website to be visited by both young and adult people. People from our city and people from the surrounding districts.
- There are many other restaurants in town. Both Norwegian, Italian and Asian cuisine. We stand out as being family run and have roots from the country we cook from. We are the only restaurant that offers just sushi. We only offer what we are best at and because of that we get high quality in all of dishes. Many offer a varied mix from Asian cuisine.
- Since the restaurant is so new we do not have a website from before.
- We wish for a simple, neat and inviting website. Focusing on the food. Big pictures and elegant text. It must be easy to navigate and contribute to additional sales.
- Alex sushi.no – Sushigarage.com – sushibarindy.net – I like the use of big images and the black background colour. It is easy to navigate and looks very inviting. Fancy droppdowns when you troll on the page.
- I would like a black background. White and red font. The dishes are colorful in themselves so not too much colour. Maybe some faded text.
- I want the website to be: A website you remember after only opening it once. Big pictures of the food that invites people to the restaurant and takeaway. Give the customer a clear message that this is quality food.
- I am the one who will arrange the website. And have no experience with it from before.
I have chosen to use this form because the customer is relatively new to the market and at this time has a tight budget.